With the help of automated testing, you and your team can accomplish a variety of things, such as designing better code to make the regression process simpler. Unfortunately, some developers who don't see the benefit of automated testing may misunderstand it. The most prevalent false beliefs regarding automated testing will be discussed in this article along with how they relate to concerns like developer productivity, cost-effectiveness, and reliability.
Software tests and other recurring operations can be carried out without human contact using an automated testing method. Additionally, these tests can be repeated regularly to guarantee that your application consistently operates as expected. Normally, this occurs each time the source code is updated. Automated testing is frequently confused with automatic testing, also known as robotic testing, which uses automation tools to run tests devoid of human involvement.
1. Accuracy may be raised, which is one of automated testing's key advantages. Indeed, human error is less likely to harm automated testing. Tests that are automated run more frequently and more consistently than tests that are conducted by hand. When working with a sizable codebase or adding new features, this can be useful. Automation testing also makes sure that any bugs or problems in the code are found and addressed as soon as possible.
2. Cost savings are another benefit of automated testing. The demand for manual testers decreases as testing becomes automated. Additionally, less time is required to run tests, which results in time and money savings. Moreover, by identifying and correcting problems earlier in the process, automated testing can contribute to lowering the cost of software development. Because automated tests will take less time to detect and repair faults than manual ones, they can also assist down the cost of maintaining your application.
3. Automated testing also has the advantage of producing more trustworthy results, this may be one of the main benefits of automation testing. This results from the fact that tests are performed more frequently and automatically. With the use of automated software testing, you can easily find any flaws or regressions in your program, making it simpler for you and your team to fix them as soon as they appear.
4. By automating processes that would normally require manual labor, automated testing can increase developer productivity. When a new feature or modification is added to your application, for instance, you can set up your continuous integration (CI) system to automatically run your automated tests and track their findings. This will make it easier to find and swiftly fix any problems with the most recent modifications.
5. The execution of tests can be accelerated using automated testing. This is due to the tests running concurrently rather than sequentially. Concurrent testing allows for faster completion of more tests.
6. Testing that is automated can facilitate better developer communication. Other developers on your team can rely on them while introducing new updates or features when you have a set of computerized tests. By doing this, a high level of code coverage is guaranteed, and the risk of problems in newly added code is decreased.
7. The reuse of test scripts is a key benefit of automated testing because creating test cases requires a lot of time and effort. It is always necessary for testers to develop unique test scripts for each cross-browser test when evaluating new operating systems or devices. Testers can better manage their time during testing thanks to the reusability of automated test scripts. When it comes to automation and cross-checking, we recommend using the solutions from WeTest which offers integration with the most popular CI/CD tools and testing on mainstream devices from brands like Apple, Samsung, Pixel, Xiaomi, and Huawei.
8. It is simpler to test many items at once because of automated tests' ability to run on a variety of hardware and setups. For instance, automated tests can be created to evaluate how well your program performs on various hardware or web browser combinations. This makes it simpler for you to test the various ways that your application is being provided and make sure that it functions as intended on several end-user devices.
9. It can be quite difficult for testers to get 100% test coverage for complex applications. This is made more challenging during manual testing because it is challenging to manage numerous test cases at once. An appropriate solution to this issue might be to automate the testing procedures. By increasing test coverage and helping them test things like user interfaces, databases, and servers, test automation tools can help testers. With the help of these technologies, testers will be able to raise the quality of applications without sacrificing their functionality. Additionally, testing teams can examine recent and older releases, keep track of every build cycle, and identify project fixes with 100% test coverage.
Test automation has the potential to replace software testing in the future with the right set of tools and careful structuring of testing procedures. With the right tools, one can truly unlock all the benefits of automation testing and for that, we recommend using Automation solutions from WeTest. Parallel testing and the option to debug mobile apps using different methods are what you can expect from WeTest.
The demand for automated testing processes is growing since the software business is changing quickly. To take advantage of the advantages of automated testing, such as quicker releases, automated repetitive jobs, less time for regression testing, more test coverage, and 24-hour availability, enterprises are currently moving from a fully manual testing environment to a hybrid testing environment. Developers, managers, and customers may all have faith in this testing strategy.